Saturday, August 9, 2014

Root beer float

Happy weekend!  At my house, my husband is spending the day working on the floor in our family room which means that I am spending the day in my craft room.  I decided to look through some of the challenges that were open right now and make a fun card!

I started with this super cute Root Beer Float file from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.  Instead of sprinkles, I put some gems on the whipped cream part and I used some Stickles on the red straw.  Then I made the background, following the sketch provided by Die Cuttin Divas (see the link below if you want to see the sketch) and following the color scheme of the float.  I stamped the sentiment from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings 3 and then added the buttons on the bottom for an embellishment.

It's been awhile since I made a card that incorporated a few challenges, because most of my crafting has been focused more on the memory-keeping side lately, and it felt good to stretch these creative muscles again. I'll have to remember to do it more often.  :)



I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons- Yummy
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge- Make it Sparkle
Die Cuttin' Divas- Sketch Challenge
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Love your super cute yummy card:) simply perfec! Thank You for playing along with us over at Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOOOOOO cute!!! Love that sentiment and that Root Beer Float looks good enough to drink!!!

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining us at Die' Cuttin Diva's this week!!!

    Jessica-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying my sketch this week at Die Cuttin' Divas. I shared on our FB page too!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin' Diva Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, I love the little beads for extra detail!
    Thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I just love the whole thing..your paper choices, the embellishments - and that die cut is awesome - makes me wish i had an electronic cutting machine. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great!! I love the addition of the gems!! thanks for joining the PPPR "Yummy" challenge!!
    Nicole
    dt member

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, Becky! I love those sprinkles on the float! Thank you so much for joining us for the PPPR Yummy Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete